Warranty Related Returns:
My Pet Warehouse provides 12 months warranty coverage on all products sold, unless stated otherwise (excluding food and consumables). Whilst we aim to provide you with fast and efficient turnaround times for any faulty goods it is important to understand most warranty requests can take between 2-4 weeks to process, this processing time can however be longer in some circumstances and is dependent on the manufacturer/supplier involved and the nature of the problem. In the majority of circumstances we cannot and will not offer any instant replacements. If your return is urgent or if you would like to try and avoid any additional delays we suggest you deal directly with the manufacturer of the faulty product in question as this typically results in a quicker turnaround time for our customers.
I have received a faulty item from you, what should I do now?
- We suggest that you first contact the manufacturer involved as they handle these types of requests daily and can more often than not arrange a replacement unit or further support information required for your product.
- If the manufacturer was unable to help you please send us an email outlining the issue you are having via our contact us page so that we can investigate further. In the event that we ask you to return the product to us it is important to follow the return packing instructions provided below.
I have received confirmation from you that my product needs to be returned - What now?
- Package the item(s) for return: You will need to repack the product well enough for shipping and well enough to prevent further damage. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during any return transit due to inadequate protection. Any physical damage caused will also void any existing warranty coverage on the product.
- What to include with the return: Along with the faulty goods please include a copy of your receipt (not the original) and a fault description with sufficient details to highlight any suspected faults. Please be sure to also include your personal contact information in case these details have changed since the time of your purchase.
- Addressing and Labelling: Clearly mark your Online Order Number (e.g. #1303317256 our example) on the outside of the packaging along with our return delivery address (see below). This will ensure your return is handled by the correct department and will avoid possible delays. Failure to label the return correctly could result in the parcel not being accepted by our staff.
NOTE: We cannot accept any C.O.D. items, sending goods back this way will result in delays caused by our refusal to accept delivery.
Return Address For Goods:
My Pet Warehouse Online (#1303317256 our example)
65-79 Moray Street
South Melbourne, Victoria 3205
Damaged & Improperly Packaged Goods
Goods arriving damaged will not be accepted. Any large inadequately packaged goods may incur a $25.00 re-packing fee charged prior to us returning the goods.
Please do not return goods to us C.O.D under any circumstances. Goods returned to us this way cannot and will not be accepted.
Freight Charges for Returns
All goods returned to us will be at your expense regardless of the fault or reason for their return. The only exception offered is where we have sent you an incorrect item. In these rare circumstances we can offer you a credit or refund to cover the costs associated with having to return the item(s). This credit/refund will not exceed our standard shipping fee for the item(s) needing to be returned and can only be paid once the item(s) has been received by our staff. Any additional packaging, express postage costs etc will not be covered by My Pet Warehouse.
Items Sent from My Pet Warehouse
We will return any warranty/replacement goods to you at our cost providing a fault was found, this applies to all online orders only. This does not apply to warranties received outside of our 12 month warranty coverage, refer to Warranty Returns Outside of My Pet Warehouse Warranty for more information.
What to Return
Please return the complete product suspected of fault including any manuals, boxes or other accessories that may have been included with the product. If you are unsure of exactly what to return please contact us for assistance.
Can my Faulty Item(s) be Refunded after being Returned?
Most products returned for warranty will either be replaced by the manufacturer or be repaired at the discretion of our suppliers. Replacements offered by our suppliers are typically units that may or may not have been previously repaired and are deemed to be in similar physical condition to your original item. Under normal circumstance these returned products will not be refunded unless there extenuating circumstances involved and we or our suppliers have agreed to offer you a credit.
You may lodge an enquiry via email to find out the current status of your warranty claim, this email should include your online order number. A member of our staff will then contact you to advise how your claim is progressing. A courtesy email will be sent once your goods have been returned from the supplier and are ready to be re-dispatched.
Note: Please be sure to allow sufficient time for the warranty to be processed before making requests about your warranty status (refer to Warranty Related Returns for more information).
Warranty Returns Outside of My Pet Warehouse Warranty
Some products sold by My Pet Warehouse may be provided with an extended warranty from the manufacturer. Although My Pet Warehouse warrants goods sold (excluding consumables) for a period of 12 months we can if necessary handle these types of product returns on your behalf. This service requires freight costs (both ways) and any other associated costs (factory testing, warranty rejection) to be paid in advance. A minimum $25.00 administration fee is also applicable to these manufacturer warranty claims.
Refunds & Exchanges:
Goods returned for refund, exchange or credit must be received within 7 working days from the date of receipt and are subject to the following criteria:
- All goods returned for refund or credit must be in pristine, unopened condition with all seals intact.
- A minimum 20% re-stocking fee will apply for all returns not meeting the above condition.
- Used, damaged or soiled returns will not be accepted and will be returned at the customer’s expense.
- The customer will be responsible for all freight costs associated with returning goods for refund or credit.
- My Pet Warehouse accepts no responsibility for loss or damage caused during transit.
Note: Please order items carefully or ask for our advice in writing prior to making a purchase. My Pet Warehouse will not offer any refund or credit based on incorrect choice or for the unsuitability of any products purchased outside of these terms.
Order Cancellations & Refunds
Order cancellations are instantaneous via telephone providing contact is made with our online sales department on 1300-MY-PETS. If making a cancellation request via email you must allow 48 hours (excluding non working days i.e. weekends and public holidays) for the email to be processed and the order cancelled. Goods already shipped before a cancellation request is processed (within 48 hours for email or before telephone advice) can be recalled/returned, however delivery/courier charges cannot be refunded.
To facilitate any refund request please provide (via email only) your banking information including; account name, account number and bsb details for all prepaid orders requiring refunds.