Our thoughts are with the people, pets and wildlife affected by the devastating bushfires happening across our beautiful country. My Pet Warehouse, as a part of the Best Friends Group, have worked on a plan to best support and help the animals and wildlife within these communities.
We are working with our supply partners to organise bulk shipments of pet food for affected families and their pets as well as urgent medical supplies for the treatment and care of injured wildlife.
Further to this, to support people and their pets who have been affected by the bushfires, as a group we are also using our Best Friends Pets broader store network (with their vet clinics and grooming salons) to provide the following free services:
- Free health checks for pets who have been affected by the smoke and fires (dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats and mice). Call your nearest OurVet to book your pet’s free check-up.
- Free professional dog wash for dogs who have been affected by the smoke and fires – call your nearest Best Friends Grooming Salon to book your pet’s free appointment https://www.bestfriendspets.com.au/store-locator.
- Free DIY dog wash (where service available) for dogs who have been affected by the smoke and fires.
- Emergency triage for any stray or injured pet or wildlife. You can find your nearest OurVet clinic. There is no cost for this service.
*Not all services are available at every location – so please call your local store first.
We will continue to work on ways we can help pets and wildlife affected by the bushfires and keep you updated as we go.
If you encounter injured wildlife, please call your local wildlife rescue or closest veterinary clinic. OurVet clinics and Animal Emergency Centres are experienced and equipped to treat injured wildlife at no cost to the rescuer.
The WIRES website has general advice on how you can immediately assist injured wildlife.
For further information please visit the following websites:
- WIRES (NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service Inc.)
- Wildlife Queensland
- Wildlife Victoria
- ACT Wildlife
- NSW Rural Fire Service
- VIC Emergency
- ACT Emergency Services Agency
- QLD Fire and Emergency Service
Deliveries to ACT, Victoria and NSW
Due to ongoing bushfires, Australia Post have advised of delivery disruptions in a number of locations within ACT, Victoria and NSW. As a result, for the safety of delivery drivers, we expect slower delivery times in these affected areas. As always, our customer support team are here to assist should you have any questions.
Please refer to the Australia Post website for up to date information on areas affected.